+254 729 738 700
We provide specialized services and expert advice across a broad range of thematic sectors. Our highly successful approach is centered on sustainable capacity building, applying a mix of proven methodologies through flexible and adaptive support. We draw upon our internal staff and delivery experience to provide technical assistance to our clients in various sectors.
Attain the greatest impact with your grant programmes. ICG provide the full-cycle of services for grant management including; programme design, communications, funding rounds, assessment of applications, awarding grants, helpdesk support, training, capacity building, compliance, monitoring and reporting. Our experts offer cost-effective and practical solutions, harnessing the latest digital technologies.
We deliver expert support across the full cycle of programme management to achieve successful outcomes. We provide services including programme design, promotion and communication, contracting and performance management, assurance and payments, monitoring and evaluation, as well as programme management capacity building. This covers all types of programmes, from grant management to technical assistance, working with a diverse range of clients nationally and internationally.
ICG provides expert independent climate change policy advice to national and international companies, public sector organizations, policy think-tanks, National Governments as well as County Governments to characterize, assess, quantify and manage their relationship with the natural environment and to prepare for a changing climate.
We do this to help our clients answer questions such as:
- How will climate change affect my organization?
- Where are the biggest risks?
- When should I act?
- What will it cost?
- How can I manage climate change effects?
At ICG, we:
- Identify and evaluate the particular energy and climate change challenges faced by the individual business or organization.
- Distil complex energy issues into clear and accessible counsel
- Interpret Climate change regulations and compliance
- Define practical, efficient, effective recommendations
- Supports delivery of practical energy, and energy services solutions and actions
In so doing, we carry out:
- Strategic sustainability – We work with clients from all sectors to ensure long term environmental, social and economic sustainability through early integration of sustainability considerations in policy, plan and project development. We provide Strategic Sustainability Assessment services and a range of services to support with the identification and implementation of sustainability and climate change solutions for masterplans and projects.
- Climate Change Risk Assessement
We undertake thorough assessments of the threats and opportunities of climate change based on:
- Assessment of weather-related risks
- Interpretation and development of future scenarios
- Data analysis and modelling including use of probabilistic projections and weather generators
- Risk assessment
- Corporate governance – We support organisations with the development and implementation of environmental policy and strategy as well as corporate responsibility. We provide clear, action-based advice that improves our clients’ environmental performance.
- Strategic advice on climate change policy and regulation
We develop socio-economic scenarios alongside climate change scenarios to help government bodies and private sector organisations understand the true impact of climate change. We can develop and implement policies to adapt to or mitigate climate change and can assess the consequences of emissions reduction pathways on economic sectors.
- Resource management – We advise clients from all sectors on low carbon operation, resource efficiency, restoration and management of natural resources and biodiversity, waste minimization and environmental economics.
Climate change tools
We develop a range of tools to help businesses and stakeholders understand, manage and monitor climate change, impacts and adaptation, including:
- Indicator development
- GIS (geographical information systems)
- Adaptation Advice: Atkins provides evidence-based advice on the practicality, affordability and delivery of adaptation at policy, programme and project/operational level, including:
- Methods to increase adaptive capacity
- Solutions for realizing adaptation
- Prioritization and optimization of responses
- Advice on the management of uncertainties
We provide our clients with the full spectrum of mitigation opportunities from renewable energy sources for buildings to spatial planning that reduces transport demand.